Bethel University Chapel 3.20.17-Rick Mattson-Stump the Chump-Part 2 from Bethel University Chapel on Vimeo.[/text_output][container id=”” class=”” style=””][text_output]
Talks, Presentations, Training
Most of these topics can be Large Group style talks or more informal interactive presentations in dorms or student center/union[/text_output][/container]
- “Stump the Chump”: Ask the Chump (Rick) any question about Christianity
- Leadership Module (AD approval required)
- Call to Faith: A large group or small group opportunity to receive Christ as Savior
- Exposition of Bible passages: In Gospels, Acts, Epistles, Psalms, Genesis, Prophets, etc.
Science and Faith
- Is Science Finally Replacing God?
- God and Science: Friends, Enemies or Separate Domains?
- Creation, Evolution, or Both?
- Are Miracles Real?
- Does Prayer Make a Statistical Difference?
- Is the Bible Bogus?
- Why is there Genocide in the Bible?
- Isn’t the Bible Filled with Myths and Legends?
- How to Interpret the Bible
Christianity and Other Religions
- Religions: Do All Roads Lead To Rome, All Paths to the Same Mountain Top?
- No-Fault Ignorance: Does God really send people to hell who’ve never heard of Jesus Christ?
- Jesus Christ: Myth, Legend, or Reality?
- Jesus Christ: Another Pagan Myth?
- Why did Jesus Christ have to Die on a Cross?
Existence of God
- The Hiddenness of God: Why Doesn’t God Make Himself More Obvious? Why Isn’t there More Evidence? Why is God so hard to find?
- Why Believe in Christianity? Give Me Some Real Reasons
- Atheism and the Existence of God
- Why I’m Not an Atheist
- Geography: Is being a Christian a result mainly of where you grew up?
Justice, Power and the Bible
- Justice: Does the Bible promote slavery, and oppress women and gays?
- Is God a White Male Republican?
- Is Christianity Patriarchal?
- Equality: Does the Bible teach equality of gender, race, sexuality, ethnicity?
- Race, Identity, Ethnicity . . . and the Bible
- Racial Reconciliation: What the Bible says
- Hypocrisy: How do Christians explain the Crusades, the Inquisitions, the Salem Witch Hunts, Colonialism?
- Jesus on Wealth, Privilege and Power
Character/Nature of God
- Why Would a Good God Send People to Hell?
- Why does God Allow Suffering and Evil?
- Old Testament: Is God a Moral Monster?
- God of Wrath versus God of Love: Old Testament versus New Testament
- God and Knowledge: How do We Know that We Know that We Know?
- What is the Trinity, and Why Does it Matter>
- The new Secular Humanism: Can Humanity be Good Without God?
- Why Doesn’t God Answer Prayer?
- Will Heaven Be Boring?
- Predestination and Free Will: Which One? Both? Neither?
- Protestants and Catholics: Similarities, Differences. And do the differences matter?
- Evangelism: A Biblical Foundation
- The 5 Thresholds of Conversion
- Praying Your Way into Evangelism
- Word, Deed and Power in Evangelism
- How to Share Your Story in Evangelism
- How to Share a Gospel Outline with a Friend
- Evangelism as Detective Work
- Campus Evangelism Strategy (AD approval required)
- Small Group Calls to Faith
- Conversational Evangelism: How to talk with your friends about God
- Creating an “Invitational Culture” in your fellowship: Luke 14 Banquet passage
- Love Your Atheist/Humanist Neighbor
- Grad/Faculty Evangelism: A Few Humble Suggestions
- An Academic Faith: Is this Possible?
- Integration of Faith and Learning: How and Why
- Faith and Vocation: Can they go together?
- Atheism in the Academy: Two kinds of atheism and why this matters